Monday, May 28, 2012

BBQ Chicken Salad (from Life As A Lofthouse)

Since I discovered Pinterest, I have been adding all kinds of recipes to my arsenal. This was the first one I made and is now one of Brad and I's favorite things to eat. This is from the blog Life As A Lofthouse, which I have really grown to love. Click on link below to read her whole post - I cut and pasted her recipe as I followed it almost to a T.

I didn't take a picture, but she has a yummy one over there!


3 cups cooked, cubed Chicken
2 cups Barbeque Sauce (recipe below)
3 Romaine Lettuce Hearts, cleaned and chopped
1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1 small bag Frozen Corn, cooked
1 cup Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
2 Green Onions, chopped
1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
Ranch Dressing
Tortilla Strips

Combine chicken and barbeque sauce. Stir to coat chicken with sauce. Set aside. 

In a large bowl add the romaine lettuce, black beans, corn, cheese, green onion and cilantro. Toss together. Divide the salad evenly among plates. Top each salad serving with desired amount of barbeque chicken. Serve with tortilla strips and dressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment