Saturday, September 17, 2011

Delicious Apple Crisp (Food Network)

I made this round from apples from Timeless Prairie Orchard that I bought at the Cedar Falls farmer's market today. I got the recipe from Food Network.

YUM!!



**I modified this receipe because I didn't realize that we were out of oatmeal, so I used 4 packets of Trader Joe's instant maple & brown sugar oatmeal.

**I also only added 2T of the sugar and only 1/2c of brown sugar since I used the packets.

It was just the right amount of sweet!

Ingredients
  • 8 cups firm tart apples, sliced
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2/3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups uncooked oats
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2/3 cup butter, melted
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a 9 by 12-inch glass baking dish, combine apples, sugar, and lemon juice. Set aside.

In another bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.

Toss with melted butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbles.

Top apples with oat mixture.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until apples are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment